Friday, December 7, 2018

With Charlie and Harry coming for the weekend (tomorrow Andy and Sandy are taking them to see the musical ELF) this morning I temporarily moved out of the bedroom (with twin beds) and into the second library. Pippa, of course, will likely desert me for the new arrivals (she’s fickle that way) but I’ll no doubt move back to the top of her list once the boys return home on Sunday.



Andy worked from home today, so the three of us got to enjoy breakfast together.   Before heading to Riderwood I went to visit Dad (and Jeff) at the cemetery.  While both stones had fallen leaves I brushed off, at least Dad’s stone was holding its own (unlike a few years ago when it had sunk and been buried in mud.)



Mom and I played a number of games of Rummikub, all of which were close, and again split the wins and losses. (One game I won was as close as possible, when Mom was left with just a 1 tile.)  A few games were incredibly frustrating, like when near the end (with most of the tiles played on the table!) I was left with just a single tile that wouldn’t play.... even when I next picked the wild smiley face!  


For lunch we polished off the chili (hopefully Andy will send over a replacement container next time he whips up a batch) and then once again Mom "forced" me to have gelato for dessert.  That won't happen again - because I finished it off!


When it was time for a game break helped Mom move photos 
from e-mails into the Pictures file on her desktop.  


There was a bit of confusion with my original directions (done during my last visit in May) but I think we got that sorted out.  Hopefully Mom will do her “homework” and use the directions a few times on her own over the next several days so we can make sure they work.



I got a phone call from Aja this afternoon.  A friend of hers is looking to rehome a “mini-Tyga” puppy (housebroken, neutered, with all shots) because their other dog isn’t getting along with it.  I do miss having a dog, and so have agreed to take it on a trial basis for a few days once I get home in a week.  Of course I realize that puppies only come in cute <g> but Skittles does fit that parameter nicely.



Not long after I got back to Mink Hollow, Ed dropped off the boys. 
Charlie finished off some geometry homework he brought with him -


and then we lit the Chanukah candles.



After dinner the boys were busy with computer games.  Andy, Sandy and I played a couple of games of Rummikub (Sandy won the first game, I won the second) and listened to today's big news: the NY filing against Cohen, which definitely looks very bad for Donnie.



The Justice Department: The President of the United States violated campaign finance law by directing his attorney to bribe women to keep quiet about their affairs with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment