Friday, December 28, 2018

Alex's patio cover is complete!  It looks great (even though it still needs to be painted) and I hope he gets lots of use out of it.  Not this week, though.  It's COLD!

  
The house itself also needs some stucco repair work, and Tom's plan is to have Carlo do that during his annual visit this winter.  Then all the painting can be done at the same time.



Tom helped Alex attach his new mirror onto the van yesterday, and once Mitch finished the roof project he helped Alex attach the light bar.  That still need to be wired, but at least there is progress.



And in other "progress", Marcie got her cast removed yesterday (as fervently hoped) and is now sporting just a removable brace.  Of course it will take time to bring that wrist up-to-speed, but knowing Marcie she will charge ahead full steam in order to get it working correctly. 



I don't seem to be any the worse for wear after my dance-and-fall yesterday, though the scrapes on my palm may "talk" to me at the gym this morning when I use the weights and machines.  My knee, which bled profusely (and for some time) is fine.  The biggest relief is that my back/hip this morning still do not seem impacted at all - which of course was my biggest worry!



This morning I did the Friday WP crossword puzzle.  When I got stuck I revealed a letter or two, and then finished up in a quite timely fashion.  It's a great way to start my mornings!


Now I think I'll brave the tundra weather (couldn't quite bring myself to do it last night!) and take a morning soak.  At least I don't have to shovel snow to get to it, but I do have to leave the warm snuggly house!  (Last night I added another quilt to the bed.... doubled over for extra warmth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment