Sunday, December 23, 2018

The four of us had a delightful lunch at Claim Jumper yesterday.  On the way in, we "admired" the mammoth slab of chocolate cake on display in the front counter.  Our plan was to order a bunch of the appetizers and share them.  Of course I'm always too full after a meal there to even think about dessert, much less one the size of new Jersey.  But Patti offered a "brilliant" <g> suggestion that we start with the cake, and then decide how many appetizers to get depending on how hungry we still were.


So that's what we did!  


Patti and I demolished our cake acreage, though Marcie and Wanda behaved better, leaving more room for the wings, calamari, onion rings, and zucchini we also ordered.  Still, there were plenty of leftovers, all of which ended up going home to Tom.



We sat and gabbed until about 3:30 (with Patti moving, it's likely the last time the four of us will get to party together) and had a lovely time.  Wanda had brought some gifts - so now I have fudge and cookies that she baked, as well as some of the hand/foot cream she makes that I like so much, and a bag for my valuables.  Marcie (who also got a bag) and Patti loved the bag idea, and now both plan to sew some of their own for gifts.  


(You notice I left myself out of that 'equation'...!)



Back here Patti got to say hi to Tyga, and see the 'new' Back 40 (without the open irrigation ditch, and with the new block box) as well as Alex's patio cover, and of course Marcie's latest quilt that I'd bound, though have yet to tackle all the seams that had broken open (which we'd talked about at lunch) during Jeannie's quilting.



Back at Patti's house (which is looking quite empty in anticipation of the upcoming move) we talked for probably another hour.   She had a gift bag for me, and the first thing I pulled out was some penguin chocolate (obviously my 'addiction' is no secret to anyone!)  But most touching were the wonderful friendship magnet and a card in which she'd written about our long, deep friendship of almost 20 years.  We're definitely going to miss each other!  



Got to see Aja's new 4x4 last night.  Looks pretty spiffy.  She had an early flight this morning (6:00?) and after Alex dropped her off he was heading straight over to a friend's to go (dove? quail?) hunting.  So Tyga will be hanging out with us today.  Now that I've finished my coffee (and it's light out) I'll go rescue him from the back house.  Then at 9:00 I'm meeting Mimi and we're going dog-walking.

  

I'll be sure to bundle up!  
Until the sun gets higher in the sky it's rather nippy out.


No comments:

Post a Comment