Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Pippa agrees that the evening fires have been delightful.


But with the chilly temps we have burned through a fair amount of wood since I've been here.  So this morning before my shower I bundled up and brought in 4 cart loads of wood to refill both wood cut-outs.  

While I was outside I also scraped some serious frost off the car’s windshield and windows.  But by the time I left an hour or so later, with the very chilly temps they had actually frosted back over! That meant that before I could head to Riderwood they needed to be scraped again... 

  
Say what you will about our summer heat - BUT  


I scored the last unreserved spot in Mom’s parking lot.  No idea why it was so crowded today.  I had no issue on Sunday, when there are a lot of family visitors for the yummy brunch.

  After a couple of games of Rummikub we hiked over to the cafe to rendezvous with Lucille for lunch.  I didn't get such a good picture of "the girls" today, but we had a lovely lunch and enjoyed our visit.  (In this shot of Lucille, there's an uncanny resemblance to my grandmother, Mom's mother Hilda!)



This time I had my camera, so I was able to snap some photos 
of the residents' artwork on display that I enjoyed last week.

There were quilts





and photographs





and watercolors




and paper creations



and ceramics





The art room was doing a brisk business today.  The other day there had only been a couple of women working on projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment