Saturday, December 29, 2018

While yesterday was chilly (as expected), the sky was blue and the sun was shining - unlike the day before, when the sky was a threatening dark gray.  Last night's lows here were going to dip well into the 30s, with freeze warnings. Glad winter doesn't last long here!  I spoke to Mom in the morning, where it was raining (again) and quite dreary.  However, on the evening news the meteorologist noted that it was warmer there than here yesterday!



Had a good tune-up at the chiropractor.  Nothing seemed "majorly" out of place (he often finds sore spots I didn't know about!!!) which was excellent news after the tumble I took the day before.



Watched our latest Netflix last night, an excellent 90-minute documentary about Jane Goodall. I didn't know that she had no scientific education or training - but that was exactly why Leaky chose her.

Drawing from over 100 hours of never-before-seen footage that has been tucked away in the National Geographic archives for over 50 years, award-winning director Brett Morgen tells the story of JANE, a woman whose chimpanzee research challenged the male-dominated scientific consensus of her time and revolutionized our understanding of the natural world.  The film offers an unprecedented, intimate portrait of Jane Goodall — a trailblazer who defied the odds to become one of the world’s most admired conservationists.

I had tucked Tyga into "his" purple blanket up on the couch before I went to bed -


but some time during the night he had joined me at the foot of my bed.  When I returned from my nightly trek to the bathroom, I covered him up with the extra quilt "footage" that was hanging off the end of the bed.  But later, when I shifted position, he crawled up to the head of the bed and snuggled under the covers with me.  Can't really blame him!



Not sure if we'll go walking today.  Maybe once it "warms" up some?  Other things on today's agenda include choosing a calendar and then transferring all the bits and pieces of info onto it.  Also think I'll (finally!) get started on my fruit/veggie quilt for the blank wall in the kitchen.


(But it's a bit hard to finish a quilt you haven't even started yet....)

it's time to do a crossword puzzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment