Thursday, December 27, 2018

Yesterday I went to the gym, and since it was not my regular day I saw quite a few "new" faces.  Had a good workout with Jim for all the good it did... my "breakfast" and "lunch" consisted of chocolate!  Did better for dinner, though it was all carbs (which should be consumed earlier in the day for body use instead of body storage!) from Monday night's leftovers.  I literally had just picked up my phone and was getting ready to text Alex to see if the Dodge Dinner Diner would deliver when he and Tyga magically appeared with our three boxes.



Mitch was back yesterday working on the patio cover, which is looking almost done...though I had no idea how many steps are involved, and keep saying that! <g>  When Ritch stopped by the other day to drop off some things (including another box of Susi's books for me) he checked it out, and was quite impressed.  I think he is going to have Mitch build one at his house to replace the flimsy patio cover which blew off some time ago (during the monsoon winds?)



When Marcie and Latina came over yesterday we did sit out in the park, but more bundled up than usual.  The cold front has arrived (okay, people, quit laughing!) and temps will only be in the 50s for a while.  We didn't seem to get any of that 10% rain last night, which is good, and none is predicted for the next few days.  That should give Mitch a chance to lay the tar paper under-layer and then the roll-out next layer for roof protection.



This morning Tyga and I are going walking with Mimi and her dogs here in the neighborhood, and then Alex and I are hiking Camelback.  Of course we'll be taking the easier route, not the one he and Aja did recently.  


Tom was invited, but despite Alex's exhortations declined to join us.  There's no guarantee I'll actually make it to the top - and no doubt my pace will slow Alex's pace considerably.  But it should be a fun outing together.



No comments:

Post a Comment