Monday, December 31, 2018

Boot Camp yesterday wore me out, as usual - but especially since I stayed longer yesterday.  Also did more of the spin-cycling standing up (progress!) and again lasted the full time during all the planks. I definitely continue to make progress, even though I rank myself at the bottom of the group.   But in reality I am only "competing" against myself, so it was nice that Jim has also noticed and yesterday commented on my progress.



In the late afternoon I ended up taking a cat-nap on the couch
while "helping" Tom watch one of his taped football games.  



We got an early start on my New Year's Eve jigsaw puzzle yesterday -


This is how far we got.


Between the nap and the chocolate Tom "forced" me to eat, I wasn't tired last night - though at midnight (!) I decided I should try to get some sleep.  


Listened to 30 minutes of The Sparrow before some of my little white pills kicked in.  



Unfortunately I did not sleep in this morning as hoped; it was still dark (and the clock read 6:something) when I got out of bed.  But maybe another nap sometime today (and more chocolate tonight!) will enable me to make it to a respectable time tonight?



We polished off all the Christmas leftovers, with the exception of the turkey - and that's going into turkey soup today.  I also plan to cook the mammoth roast for dinner tonight.  Had hoped that Alex and Aja (who flew back to Arizona around 1:00 this "morning") will be joining us for dinner before heading out to celebrate with friends, but he thinks that they have their own dinner plans elsewhere - so I expect lots of leftovers from that huge roast!  


Luckily Tom does wonders creating new meals!



Hope to get the rest of the fruit/veggie fabrics recut today, and then maybe even move on to the next step.  Do need to make a quick run to the grocery store at some point (for some tiny potatoes to go with the roast, along with a green veggie) and also hope to get a package wrapped and then mailed at the post office.  Of course a soak in the hot tub is always on the agenda!


Today's crossword was easy (Monday's always is) and I quickly filled in all the blanks, with the exception of two sports figures, in less than 15 minutes.


So I guess it's time to go be productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment