Friday, November 30, 2018

Got a call from the furniture folks (roughly 24 hours after they'd picked up the recliner, instead of the week that had been predicted) that my chair is already fixed; that sure didn't take long!  Of course they can't deliver it until Saturday - when I will be at Sandy Warren's memorial.  So Tom gets to deal with that yet again.


My headache was not too bad yesterday morning, 
and by afternoon it was gone!



I had a hair appointment with Shelley yesterday morning, but when I walked over she was heading out on her daily dog walk with Mimi (& Ed.)  My appointment was for 9:30 (and a check when I got home showed that's what I'd written on my calendar) but for some reason I'd thought it was at 9:00.  No biggie; I went on the walk with them.  Mimi and Ed had their two dogs, along with a 14-week-old "puppy" they are dog-sitting for a week.  Shelley had her three, one of which I walked.  All of the dogs behaved well - except for the puppy, who was rather rambunctious.  On the plus side, he sure is a handsome dog. <g>  I got a nice dog fix before I got my hair cut (which looks much better now.)  


They walk every morning, and I've been invited to join them.  Was thinking of doing that today, and bringing Tyga - except it poured last night (the expected storm arrived pretty much on schedule) so it's not only cold but will be muddy.  Plus Tyga was never dropped off here last night, and I know he doesn't sleep with his collar.

Alex had a good dental appointment, with no cavities; he reports that the dentist is much happier with how much better he's taking care of his teeth.  (Pretty sure motivation for that came from having to pay for his own fillings!)  However one tooth that they've been keeping an eye on now needs a crown, so Alex needs to check and see if his new medical insurance includes dental coverage!



I was on the phone much of the morning, making all sorts of arrangements (like a replacement dental appointment, setting up a date for the tree trimmers, etc.) and thus was able to cross a whole bunch of things off my long list.  That always feels good - except I seem to be adding items at a higher rate than crossing them off!



Matt called in the early afternoon to say my car was ready, so I picked that up.  The diagnostic sheet has a few more items that need replacing (some belts, fluids) but at least with a new starter and brakes it should start - and stop - fine for the time being.



The cleaning ladies were here when I got back, and now the house is nice and clean again.  I was going to have them keep an eye out for the earring I lost Wednesday evening - but Alex had already found it earlier in the day.  Since Tom isn't going to put up a tree this year (he hasn't for the past several years) Alex had come over to borrow the tree stand and box of ornaments, and he and Aja decorated a tree at the back house.  It looks lovely and cheerful, considerably nicer than the one below....  



Not sure what's going to happen with Alex and Aja, since she's moving to Madison, WI in January for a job.  They did have a wonderful hike up Camelback on Wednesday via the Echo Trail, though apparently it's quite tough scramble.  Nice view, though!



In the late afternoon they came over to "borrow" our microwave.  The new one Alex had bought (not that long ago!) to replace the original one over there died!  As a bonus I got to taste some of his chicken pasta dish, which was scrumptious.



I finished up on Marilyn & Don's gift last night.  It took some folding (and refolding) but Tom "arranged" it so it will fit into one of the post office boxes.  I see a trip to mail it, hopefully this afternoon, in my future.   



I have the gym this morning, and another rush-hour foray to the chiropractor this afternoon.  In between I absolutely need to take care of a few financial things on the computer that I've been putting off "successfully" for months now.  However the end-of-the-year deadline is fast approaching.


 Both Josh and Cory at Gaylor said they will be there today "in case" I need help.  Pretty sure that's a given, which is why I've put it off and put it off.



I'm continuing to make progress listening to These Truths each night before drifting off to sleep. (The timer setting is wonderful.)  This morning I was awake, but still snuggled under the covers deciding if I 'wanted' to get up and start my day, when the iPad turned on for a few seconds, lighting up the dark room.  Weird - but then I'm never surprised by the actions of any electronics around me...

No comments:

Post a Comment