Sunday, November 25, 2018

It was a delightful day of shopping therapy at The Other Quilt Shop with Marcie yesterday.  Everyone in the store loved seeing the Nova Star quilt Marcie had made from a panel she'd bought there (there's going to be a class in January for that very project.)  But even with 30% off store-wide, I did not go crazy.  


I only bought fabrics for actual projects! <gasp>  However, I was on my way out of the store after my (first!) trip to the cash register when I noticed the two batik hummingbird fabrics I'd had my eyes on from previous visits (for possible inclusion in my hummingbird panel quilt) and so of course had to turn around and take care of that!


Afterward we stopped at Colleen's (where a sewing party was in progress) and everyone was most impressed with Marcie's quilt.  We declined Colleen's offer to stay for lunch, and ended up pigging out at The Claim Jumper.  We ordered two appetizers (fried onion rings and calamari) along with chicken tortilla soup.  When the appetizers arrived we were so busy chatting that we didn't notice that instead of calamari one of the platters set down was zucchini.  Once notified, they did make up a calamari order, but of course we got to keep the zucchini - so by the time the soup arrived we were already pretty full.  Let's just say we came home with lots of leftovers - and there were no complaints from Tom!


I was so full from lunch that I didn't want any dinner, though at 9:00 I did think maybe I should eat a little something (so I didn't wake up hungry during the night?) and had my leftover chicken tortilla soup.



Usually when I drop off anyone I wait until they get into the house, but yesterday I had to pee so once I dropped off Marcie (she was going to drop off her food, pick up Latina, and come over to the park) I drove home.  I was rescuing my chair (tangled up in the bushes with Pokey) when she called to say that she was locked out (turned out that Mike was out trying to get the horn fixed on their Porsche) and would I please come back with a key?  "Proves" my theory that the one time you don't do something, that's when things happen!



Alex spent yesterday snowboarding in Flagstaff (I got a text thanking me again for his annual pass!) and he tried out his new tech beanie.  He said it worked great - at least until the battery gave out.  Doesn't think it was fully charged, so hopefully once he does that it'll last longer next time.


Made my car rental reservation for my upcoming trip to Maryland.  But no matter how many times I tried, the computer form was not happy with my driver's license number (I was filling out the optional section to "speed things up" when I pick up the car.)  Originally I had added the subscript number at the end, and after that, was not allowed to edit that out. Really; that was the message I kept getting.





Lots of things I should do around the house today, 
and of course in the afternoon there's Boot Camp.



But first it's time to go take a soak!



No comments:

Post a Comment