Friday, November 9, 2018

Alex needed a ride to DJ's house yesterday morning at 6:30, so I had set my alarm for 6:00.  Turned out it wasn't necessary since I woke up all on my own at 5:00.



When I drove back there to pick up Alex, he'd also set his alarm for 6:00.... but had fallen back asleep.  So we were a few minutes late leaving.  Rush hour traffic was heavy, as expected, and there were numerous accidents making the drive even slower (no real surprise), so it ended up taking us twice as long as expected to get to DJ's.  Still, I was back home in plenty of time to grab some breakfast before I needed to leave for Casa Grande at 9:00.



Patti, in Tucson for a week, and I both arrived at the Olive Garden early, so we sat in my car until it opened for lunch at 11:00.  I loved seeing the pix she'd taken at our recent 50th (!) high school reunion, and had brought along my yearbook to compare photos.  Amazingly most of the attendees were totally recognizable 50 years later, despite a few extra pounds.


Here we were yesterday:



Patti will be back in Tucson again for a week in January, and we're hoping that it works out for us to get together again while I'm down there for my week-long quilt class with Susan Carlson!



Took a soak before bed last night and the wind was blowing.  While I stayed warm enough inside the tub, it was a little unpleasant getting out and drying off. 



Time to grab breakfast and get ready to head to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment