Wednesday, November 14, 2018

After the gym yesterday (hadn't faded yet!) I did get some errands run.  I didn't have any books waiting for me at the library when I dropped off the ones I'd recently finished - but later in the afternoon got an e-mail that Michelle's new memoir had shipped, so I expect to be able to dive into that very soon!



My trip to Target was successful in that I found all the things on my list, though this time I didn't get out of there for under $100 as I always hope.   Among other things I now have a new suitcase for my upcoming trip; mine had become somewhat battered, though it wasn't quite this bad!   



Have also started collecting things I don't want to forget (like the Target bags for Mom) but it does seem that no matter how many lists I make there's almost always something left behind...




Did fade in the early afternoon, and thought about watching TV and possibly nodding off before the exterminator was scheduled to arrive.  Unfortunately the TV, which has been warning us of its impending demise for some time, seemed to finally die a less-than-valiant death yesterday.  



I never did get in a nap, just vegged.  While I was doing that we also got a phone call (I didn't hear all of it coming through the kitchen phone, and for some reason it didn't actually record...) that Ken wasn't going to make it (first time I can remember that's happened!) and we'd need to reschedule.



(Of course Steve never showed up yesterday as "promised" - no surprise - to add another row of blocks to the irrigation box, though of course he didn't call - also no surprise.  Still don't have the actual date for irrigation, though it will be next week.)




In any event I wasn't able to watch the news while I was deviling the egg last night - and of course I won't be able to record my weekly shows for a while.  Luckily when Alex gets home (and every time I talk with him his work schedule in California has been extended by a couple of days) I can catch up on his TV set-up.  I did try to watch my current Netflix on my laptop instead - but not only wouldn't that work, it also seemed to crash my laptop, though happily after a while (and a few bad words....) that thankfully came back to life.  Yesterday was not a good technology day.



Wondering if Mom is having issues with her computer also?  I had thought to hear from her after posting on my blog about my upcoming trip to visit, and in case she missed that I also sent her an e-mail.  The other possibility is that she's not feeling well again, so I'm certainly hoping it's simply a technology glitch!



May brave the tundra weather and take a soak this morning 
(at least the wind doesn't seem to be blowing at the moment.) 


Then it's off to Foothills, to enjoy Jessica's program and the Thanksgiving pot-luck.  Marcie called last night to let me know that yet another appointment for more paperwork signing had come up for today, and we're both bummed that she has to miss out on Foothills annual biggie; she needs all the fun distractions she can get this time of year!  I will swing by her house on my way to pick up the case of water (her contribution) and "drop off" some hugs!



Again, did not get a particularly good night's sleep last night.  It was encouraging that I had been doing so well lately, and it's especially frustrating when I can't seem to figure out what's causing this latest backslide.

No comments:

Post a Comment