Friday, November 2, 2018

Several people have "noticed" that I haven't blogged lately.  Nothing wrong with computer, just haven't felt motivated.  Will try to catch up, at least with what I can remember!



Monday I walked up to Marcie's, which took some time because I stopped to chat first with neighbor Tom Ford, and then with zanjero Terry who was riding his bike.  I had planned to also talk with Brianna (about them 'forgetting' to do irrigation!) but Terry insisted that was HIS job.  Mostly I'd like to get her phone number and offer to call with a reminder!

  

Latina (reluctantly) walked back home with me (she was somewhat concerned to be leaving without her mom) to spend time at Dodge Doggy Daycare while Marcie and Mike headed to Scottsdale for an appointment.  When Marcie returned to reunite with her we spent some time out back in the park, and got quite a laugh out of Latina trying to retrieve her penguin when Pokey was eying it, trying to decide if it was something edible.  Wish I'd had my camera to make a video of Latina's "brave" attempts.



Steve-from-Hughes-Lake (California) drove all the way to spend less than 24 hours here, having Tom show him how to work obsidian.  It was an enjoyable visit (first time the guys had met in person) and helped make up for the visitor-from-Hell Tom experienced over the summer while I was in Colorado.



Spoke with Gloria, back home in Florida after her visit to Maryland.  She had a good time, and even met Matt's girlfriend's parents during her visit.  That makes it sound somewhat serious, so maybe there's another family wedding in the future?



On Tuesday, while soaking in the hot tub, I finally connected with Mom.... at least for a few seconds.  She was just sitting down to her lunch (which she didn't want to get cold) so she couldn't talk.  I did have time to ask her if she was avoiding me... which of course <g> she denied.



Did chat with Anita, who was driving to work (in northern CA) on winding mountain roads - at least until she lost her signal - and caught up on some of her news.  She and Dan will be in Arizona in March when we definitely plan to get together.  (It didn't work out last time they were here because I didn't have much notice, and it conflicted with Tami's quilting lesson visit.)



Also talked with Colleen, and it turned out to be her who recently left the bag of spools on the porch. She had much sad news to relay, including that Sandy Warren, a Busy Bee friend from years ago (who has been in failing health for some time) is now in hospice.



Mary and I had arranged for her to come over on Thursday around 10-ish to watch the PBS documentary on owls, and I had invited Marcie to join us.  However even though I had "Thursday"  in the subject of my e-mail it wasn't in the body of the message... so guess who popped over right before I was heading to the gym?  lol



After the gym I swung by the library - and out of habit checked the Culture Pass display.  Amazingly the pass for the Science Center was still available, so I snagged it.  When I was checking it out, both women at the desk were quite stunned and amazed that it was still there since it's one of the first to go when the library doors open.  My visit is planned for Saturday, when Marcie (who has never been) is going to accompany me.





On the way home from the library I (finally) dropped off the bright yellow fleece jacket (with black trim) at Goldwater High School.  Those are their colors, and it should come in handy for someone during a chilly Friday evening football game.


I ended up taking a nap in the afternoon while "watching" TV - and found out at dinner that I missed Marcie and Latina's visit.  Tom said she should wake me up, but (of course) she didn't.  I had been surprised not to get a text from her that afternoon, but figured they just had other things on their agenda.



No recollection of what I did on Wednesday. 
Guess it wasn't too exciting?



Mary thoroughly enjoyed the owl documentary on Thursday (Marcie got to see the first half of it before she had to zoom off for another appointment) and was thrilled with the owl panel I had picked up for her at 35th Ave. on my last visit there with Wanda.  Mary also admired the hummingbird panel I had picked up for myself, so we're going to compare projects after we're done.  I have no doubt hers will be done long before mine...



Steve-from-Colorado is in town, and after Mary and I finished the documentary we headed out to the shop to hear the story about his experience with a red hawk who had a badly damaged wing.  Mary, with her many years of volunteering at Adobe Mountain Rescue, has many of her own stories.  



Latina, who had been somewhat unhappy when Marcie left her at DDD, was thrilled upon her return (though maybe not quite so happy when she saw where they ended up, at the vet for her rabies shot.)



I worked some on the binding on my chicken quilt, and while still not finished at least am on the final side.  Yesterday Marcie was going to pick up her latest quilt from Jeannie's, which is quite large.  Not sure when that will be delivered to me for binding.  I am looking forward to seeing the custom quilting on it, and do enjoy doing handwork while I'm watching TV.


Had a message on my phone from Patti Hong.  She'll be in Tucson (from Seattle) for the next week, and hoping we can get together.  Me, too!


Better eat some breakfast because it's almost time to head to the gym.




No comments:

Post a Comment