Monday, October 29, 2018

I wasn't able to do a few of the back exercises at Boot Camp yesterday, but otherwise have not suffered any real repercussions after (stupidly!) trying to help lift one of the heavy pipes Friday evening.  At least I'm not as stupid as those who worship Donnie!



Yesterday had interactions with several neighbors.  First, met another Marcy from up the street, who had found a stack of our mail (and a stack for the church across the street) in her mailbox and was delivering it to us.  So Tom checked our mailbox, and found stacks of mail for two neighbors (Hoogie and Dave) whose mailboxes sit next to each other.  Obviously someone had been messing with the mail on our block, which we will be reporting to the post office today.  It's especially concerning because Tom had written sizeable checks for a number of bills and put them out for Saturday mail's pickup!



Later got to meet our newest neighbor, Sara, who is still looking for one of her lost dogs. (Edie had mentioned that on Saturday.)  One of the reasons they have so many animals is that they do rescue/fostering for the Humane Society.  We, of course, will continue to keep an eye out for missing pooch Linus.



When Latina came over for her afternoon jaunt in 'the park', I worked on teaching her a new trick: shaking "hands".  Marcie wasn't especially hopeful (she knows chihuahuas are not known for their brain power!) but after just a few tries Latina seemed to be getting the hanging of it.  Anything for a treat! <g> 



I got a super night's sleep last night - was asleep before 10:00, and not only didn't I wake up during the night for my usual run to the bathroom, but slept in until after 6:00!  And all of that was without taking any sleep aids!!! 


Did have an interesting dream. I was attending a pot-luck at Amy's house, and when I went to get out plates they weren't clean.  I kept trying to wash them - but people kept "stealing" them before I could get them washed.  So I kept taking them back to wash them - and never did get to eat anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment