Tuesday, October 2, 2018

I spent considerable time outside this morning, dodging raindrops while I swept standing water from the porches and driveway.  Also took advantage of the cooler weather to work on binding Marcie's quilt.... which is now almost finished.  :-)



On the way back from the gym I heard that the official rain total (so far) is 2 inches - though with lots more predicted for today and tomorrow that number should increase dramatically.  Not surprisingly, the report mentioned some of the nearby I-17 underpasses (like Peoria) that are flooded.

Turn around, don't drown!  No doubt these drivers were sorry...



The rain did let up for my drive to/from the gym, but is coming down again.  We do have many puddles of standing water in low places, like along the driveway to the back house...


but nowhere near as bad as John's horse pasture next door - 
which currently resembles a lake!



It'll be quite muddy out back for a while...



No comments:

Post a Comment