Monday, October 15, 2018

Yesterday I woke around 5:30 - but went back to bed at 8:30 and slept another couple of hours!  By that time a lot of the irrigation ditch work was already done.











Around that time Alex (and Tyga) arrived home.  After checking out the ditch project he came over to see the new hot tub, and gave his stamp of approval.  I know he'll also enjoy it... once it's up and running!



I made omelettes for us, and then he accompanied me to Boot Camp.  While it's not his usual weight-lifting workout, he did work up a sweat.  I was impressed with how low his lunges and squats get.  We only stayed the first half hour (because I was done!) 



After I checked out the additional progress out back (the pipe under the drive, into the backyard, was already completed) I showered and got ready for Patti to pick me up at 2:30.


But when we got to the theater, the 3:00 show was virtually sold out (we did not want to sit in the front row) so we got tickets for the 4:00 show.  With time to kill we popped over to Costco for a couple of things she needed, dropped them off at her house (where I approved of all the new paint in the bedroom and hallway; she's been busy) and still made it back in plenty of time to get popcorn.  Of course with all the commercials and previews (have added Green Book to my List) the movie didn't start until 4:25, but it was quite good. 


By the time we got home it was almost 7:00 and of course already dark out, so I haven't yet seen the mostly finished ditch project.  Except for the box that needs to be built at the west end (and is slated to happen today) I think we're good to go.  Once it gets light I'll take some pix.



While Tom watched the Cardinals lose last evening (he'd taped the game) I read - am enjoying Circling the Sun - but crashed around 9:00.  So I guess it's not that surprising that I have been awake since 3:30 this morning.  No "coffee" for me, so maybe at some point, like yesterday, I'll be able to fall back asleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment