Saturday, October 6, 2018

The day was still young when I had all rows of the crib quilt joined together
 and the borders  attached.  


So once I piece together the flannel backing (tomorrow?) it'll be ready to be quilted on Thursday.  Glad I washed that flannel today (to take care of shrinkage) because it certainly bled, turning the one pair of white undies I threw into that load (as evidence of any dye run) a delightful blue!



Alex delivered Presley's bib today.  
She wasn't terribly impressed <g> but her mom and dad loved it.



Steve never did show up today as expected, which was disappointing.  Here are a couple of views of the ditch as it currently looks to the east


and to the west.


Certainly looks extremely scraggly back there now - but once it's all piped in and underground, keeping that area mowed and manicured should be a breeze!


While I was out snapping pix 
I came across these mushrooms that Rosa "grew".



The fish fry tonight was a big hit, and we all pigged out.  Still, Tom made so much that there are still plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.  Marcie's potato salad was delicious, and there's also plenty of that left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment