Monday, October 15, 2018

Never did go back to sleep this morning.  Oh well...  Did some reading, sewed the label onto the t-shirt quilt, and once it was light enough I took some pix out back.  This new pipe into the backyard could help with the flow, and possibly even allow us to cut back on the amount of time we take water.  The cement will certainly help keep down the erosion around the pipe.


They sure cut back the tree by the other end, however.  No doubt it will grow back eventually and return that privacy to the pool, but neither of us were happy to see it pruned so drastically.


They never did come back today to build the box at the west end, which is a crucial element.  At this point we have no way to stop the flow and take water.  
   

This has been the story since the beginning, them not showing up when promised.  Luckily we still have another weekend before we get irrigation, but we are not happy with them not keeping their word.  Here's hoping their workmanship is not of the same caliber!

I'm also wondering if I will be able to turn off this valve without getting my feet wet...


The three other valves should be okay, however.




Then once I'd been up for 6 hours and it was 'late enough' <g> I started making a number of phone calls.  Some were successful (like to Gaylor) while others were less so (like cancelling Poolman, which "requires" 30 days notice) and some not at all; I gave up after waiting on hold for 30 minutes with the furniture store where we bought my recliner, which seems to be defective.  The seat leans horribly on one side, which is not helping my hip/back, but since the warranty runs out in December I will have to try again before too long.  (I was perfectly happy with my old recliner, which was over 25 years old but still in fine condition...)



Now just waiting for the lunch crunch to clear out so I can head to the lab and get some bloodwork done.  Last few times I've gone I've timed it well, and not had to wait very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment