Thursday, October 18, 2018

Vicki's trunk show yesterday was delightful!  She displayed dozens of lovely quilts, including many store samples from when she owned a quilt shop in Oregon before moving here a couple of years ago.  After finding out this summer that Mark is "into" moose, I've been thinking of making up a little something for him... so this quilt gave me an idea!



I enjoyed showing my four quilts: two UFOs, so I've completed that challenge and will be in the drawing for the polka-dot fat quarters, and the two gift quilts.  






I had no issue going first during Show & Tell, right after Vicki finished, because while others were hesitant to follow her 'act', I said that expectations for my work isn't that high to begin with. <g>



Patty Woodford's Tip-of-the-Day is right up there with Ellen's power cutting method - and can't believe I (and SO MANY of the other ladies) didn't know about it!  When making a snowball corner, or joining strips, all you have to do is draw a second sewing line half an inch out from the first diagonal line and stitch that also.  


Then, after you cut off the "offending" triangles in between those lines, instead of two separate leftover triangles (and I have a huge tub of them in all sorts of different sizes, just waiting for "some' project) you end up with a half-square triangle block already made!



Came home with lots more spools for Kathi - and then this morning (taking out recycling) discovered a large bag of spools on the bench outside the front door that someone had dropped off. 



Most of the stuff from the latest two boxes of Nancy's stuff that Steve had found around their house went to new homes - and also a lot of Doris's that had been brought in now that she's moved to Assisted Living.  Those items of Nancy's didn't get chosen yesterday fit into a much smaller box that went home with someone who will bring it back next meeting for one more chance (and saving me from having to bring any of it back here.) After that, whatever's left will be donated to some place like Goodwill.


Usual non-eventful routine follow-up visit with the oncologist this morning.  I had left the house early in case I had any difficulty finding the new office (I didn't) but was definitely surprised when they took me early - which was nice because that got me out of there early.  


Then off to the furniture store.  Took a while, but Monica was helpful, and on my drive home Allison from Customer Service called me to schedule the repair visit.  She thinks it will be an easy fix, adjusting some internal mechanism.  We shall see on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment