Friday, October 5, 2018

Lots of good news today. 


Finally connected with Shayne, and it seems that my hot tub has arrived in Phoenix.  Now we are playing phone tag in order to set up a delivery/set-up date.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this Vanto in my backyard, filled with lovely hot water!



Heard back from Cindy that the parts to repair her quilting frame have arrived.  She should be up and running some time today, and I am still on for quilting next Thursday.



Other good news appeared on Lily's FB page a few minutes ago:

This is the proudest day of my life. Never in 28 years have I set, let alone accomplished, a goal as massive as the one I met today.
Kiddo moved in with me last September with a therapeutic treatment plan. We had goals we needed to meet. Healing that needed to happen. Strategies I needed to figure out.
For a while it looked pretty impossible. We talked about alternatives. I tried everything I could think of. Slowly, we made progress. Kiddo worked hard. I worked hard. We all worked hard.
Today, we made it. Kiddo's treatment goals have been met and he has achieved what he set out to achieve. He is now living full-time with the family member he has always hoped to move home to.
We could not have done it without the love, dedication, and presence of my incredible support network. Too many to name here, and if I try, I'll leave someone out. A huge thank you to all the friends, family members, coworkers, St. Mark's folks, and everyone else who has helped get us here.
I will continue to be involved in his life and support his family. Those of you who have grown close to him will continue to see him. We're all going to take this next step together.
My plan is to take the fall season to slowly transition Kiddo home and take the rest that I need, then see about another placement after the holidays. We shall see how that goes.


Image result for therapeutic parenting
Therapeutic Parenting is the term used to describe the type of high structure/high nurture intentional parenting that fosters the feelings of safety and connectedness so that a traumatized child can begin to heal and attach.



Back from the gym, I still have a little more sewing to do before heading over to borrow Marcie's design wall.  It looks like the yard of white fabric may be enough to complete the top.... but just barely!  There definitely aren't going to be any leftovers, and I still may end up needing to run over and get a few more inches from Sheri.







No comments:

Post a Comment