Thursday, October 4, 2018

Alex left to get his windshield wipers a minute or two after Latina got dropped off yesterday, so I opted to stay home with her.  Tom got to ride along instead - and was quite impressed with how well Alex handles the rig.  


Since the RV now has two windshield wipers (cost, including installation: $140) that probably <g> means no more rain for us. 


We certainly didn't get any more yesterday - and the sun actually appeared - though when I spoke with Cheri yesterday morning it turned out it was pouring up at their place.  (They live just north of the Carefree Highway, which is only a handful of miles from us.)  Yesterday morning I had scraped the extra pad back of the guest house, and hoped for a little rain to do the final rinse - but no luck with that.



Irrigation has been cancelled until later this month, giving Steve an extra weekend (maybe two?) to get the work done on our pipeline once he starts this Saturday.  It didn't take him long to do Tom's or John's places up-ditch... but since they don't take water they didn't need any of the lateral gates we will, just a solid pipeline.  I expect to take numerous pix during our construction, but in the meantime these guys will have to do.



WMID will be starting a new watering cycle in November - which makes NO sense to me.  


Instead of running the way it has since we moved in, on a 24-hour 2-week cycle to get water to everyone who signs up, they are going to split it into two sections (east and west of some line) with the west leg running Monday through Wednesday one week, and then the east leg (that would be us) running Monday through Wednesday the next.  Tom and I are considerably confused as to how they expect to service everyone in just six days instead of two weeks...



Yesterday I dragged (almost snuck in a nap during the afternoon ) which I assume is a left-over effect of the meds.  So it seems that I can choose to be a zombie because of way too little sleep (never a good plan!) or (a better option?) somewhat draggy from the meds still in my system. 


One .5 mg tablet doesn't get me to sleep, but two leaves me sleepy the next day.  They are tiny pills, so cutting them in half could be rather difficult.  Still, I may give it a try. 



Again I got a second wind after dinner, and <sigh> was awake until almost midnight.  Did start reading the second book in the series Tom got me for my birthday, which makes it clear that I definitely need to read the books in order.



I got no work done on the crib quilt yesterday (never a good idea to cut fabric when tired!) but do hope to get some done this morning.  At least yesterday I did finish binding Silas' quilt for Marcie, so that's back home with her now.  At some point I will get it back to attach the sleeve, though Marcie needs to make it a little shorter.  In the meantime, it is all ready for its 15-seconds of fame at Show&Tell next week.



I got to feed Latina her dinner yesterday.  Instead of putting it out for her (when reportedly she inhales it in a few seconds) I hand-fed it to her nugget by nugget.  That slowed down the process some... even though she barely chewed any of it.  It isn't a very large portion, but despite having put on weight (she's now up to a 'whopping' 4 pounds, 12 ounces) she's not very large either! 

 
We've gotten so used to her negligible weight that when we pick up Tyga (who could stand to lose a few pounds) he feels quite heavy in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment