Monday, October 1, 2018

I still woke up too early this morning ( it was still dark) though with 6 or so hours of uninterrupted sleep last night I was reasonably alert today.  We got some rain during the nigh.  With no real puddles it was hard to determine how much, but it was enough to rinse off the deck and driveway and porches.  And it certainly made it easier to scrape the mud/grass from cracks on the guest house back porch today.  It was blissfully cloudy and coolish today, and though we never got rain it did sprinkle slightly in the late afternoon.  The real rain is predicted for tomorrow.



This morning I started cutting fabric for the illusion crib quilt.  My plan is to make 36 rectangle blocks, each using a different fabric, and so far I've cut almost 30 that will work with Heather's color palette.  I've already been through my scrap buckets and cabinets, but may need to do a second sweep searching for the final few selections.



Mid-morning I popped over to Target and got my flu shot.



Not only is it free there, but as a Thank You I got a $5 Target coupon.  Since it expires in a month, I decided to shop right away, and ended up using it to buy an olive oil Misto.  Hope it works as well as in the commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh2i5x1OqPU


This afternoon I was going to watch Jamestown (a series on PBS) that should have taped last night.  But Tom taped three football games yesterday (so he can zoom through commercials, halftime, etc. and watch a game in just over an hour) and that must of knocked Jamestown off the schedule.  :-( 


Maybe Marcie can find it on her "special" TV?



In the late afternoon I spoke to Alex, who thought he was about an hour from Tucson.  Of course he was going to hit Tucson during rush hour, and maybe even the tail end of rush hour in Phoenix, so we were not quite sure when to expect him this evening.


I was a little surprised when he arrived home a little before 7:30... thought he'd be later. Even with the football game on, it was hard for him to "sneak up" on the house...I definitely heard the RV coming!  Good thing he made it home before the rain, because his only windshield wiper (the one on the passenger side was already gone) flew off about an hour ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment