Sunday, September 30, 2018

I woke up before 5:00 this morning - definitely earlier than I would have liked - but at least I logged a solid six hours of sleep.  At first light I was out back, scraping and shoveling and sweeping the pad by the shed, and the porches and carport around the back house.  While the day started out nice and cool, by the time I quit at 8:00 it was quite toasty.  Raised several blisters (obviously should have worn gloves) but at least everything is in much better shape before the predicted Rosa rain arrives.  


Then after a much-need shower I finished up the t-shirt quilt 
(knew it wouldn't take long today) so that's done.



Steve was working next door on John's irrigation pipe by 7:00, and thus finished up over there by mid-morning.  However he had other equipment to move before the rains arrive, so he had to leave and never did start on our pipe.  Guess that'll happen next Saturday?



Patti stopped by for a visit this morning.  Between computer issues and some misbehaving 6th graders things have been rather stressful at work.  At last it'll be another short week (no school Friday) AND a 4-day weekend because there's no school on Monday either.  She wasn't kidding about there being very few 5-day weeks in the schedule!



After just 30 minutes of Boot Camp I decided I'd had enough since I got more than my fair share of exercise in the yard this morning.  Wasn't home too long before Marcie and Latina popped over.  Since I want to get started on the baby quilt I "twisted Marcie's arm" to make another run over to the quilt store for the white and gray fabrics I need for the shadows.  (Latina came along with us, and behaved herself.)  So first thing tomorrow I plan to get started on that project.



Alex called while we were on our way home.  His event ended today around 3:00 and he was able to pack up and get on the road.  Mostly he was calling to see what the weather was like (it had definitely clouded up by this afternoon) and is going to try to make as many miles as he can before the bad weather sets in.  At least no rain is predicted for Texas or NM, so he should have clear sailing until he approaches Arizona.



No comments:

Post a Comment