Friday, September 28, 2018

My laptop died Wednesday evening, so I was unable to help Joy 
with the Foothills blurb for the Chatter.


And then I had the crappiest night’s “sleep” yet... couldn’t fall asleep until after 11:30, was awake to glance at the clock at 1:23 and 2:something, and then was up for good yesterday at 3:30.  



On the plus side, I got a very early start to the day and made excellent progress on the t-shirt quilt... and my laptop turned out not to be fried.  YAY!  


While the charger was plugged in to the laptop, with the other end securely attached to the power strip, further investigation show that the other end of the power strip (hidden behind the table) somehow had become loosened from the wall plug.  So that was an easy fix!



Sleep deprivation takes a toll, so I guess it’s no real surprise 
that I was confused about what day it was yesterday.  



For some reason thinking it was Friday, I got dressed for the gym and headed over there.  But after I did my warm-ups I couldn’t find Jim... because he doesn't work on Thursdays! Let’s just say I left there feeling pretty foolish.


After I added the last of the inner borders to the t-shirt project (I'd almost finished before going to the gym) I ended up over at the Flying Pig, watching ‘Marcie’ <g> quilt her Acid Yellow Waffle.  It is turning out stunning!  




Brought along the t-shirt quilt so Marcie and Cindy could give me suggestions for placement of the mini-blocks in the outer border, and they did a right fine job!  I picked out shiny red thread and a heart pattern for my quilting session in October, and expect to have the borders done well before that appointment. Mike delivered lunch for us (and Cindy’s husband) and the 5 of us enjoyed a mini  luncheon.  


I'd called the doctor's office yesterday morning when they opened, and left the PA a fairly urgent message about the refill I've been trying to get for the past week. Wonder of wonders, I got a call from the pharmacy a little after 4:00 that it was ready for pick-up.  It turned out to only be a month’s worth (not sure why the switch from a 90-day supply) so I may get to have the same fun the end of October.  However the last week or two before I ran out it didn’t seem to be very effective.  So last night I tried something else that Marcie has suggested, which she brought over in the afternoon before the pharmacy called with their good news.  AND IT WORKED!



I was VERY tired mid-day, but as I arrived home from the Pig a little before 1:30 (with thoughts of a nap swirling in my thoughts) Bella and the cleaning crew were pulling into the driveway right behind me.  The house is now clean, but once they left, I wasn’t tired any more.  This has been the pattern lately. 



Tom moved all of his lapidary equipment out of the living room and back into the shop yesterday morning so the ladies could clean.  It's supposed to cool off next week (courtesy of storm Rosa) and he wanted the ladies to actually be able to work in here.  It is nice and clean - but looks strangely empty... though I assume we'll 'adjust'!



Agenda for today (which really is Friday) includes starting on the mini-block borders, working out at the gym <g>, and maybe dog-sitting Latina briefly this afternoon.  With a solid night's sleep under my belt (for the first time in a while) I hope for a very productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment