Monday, September 24, 2018

Since I was up so early yesterday, I did manage some work on the t-shirt quilt, adding a “perfect” blue and red border to one of the shirts to make it as wide as the others, while trimming all the others down to a "standard" width.   (A lot of Steve's overseas work was making and setting up equipment for Voice of America.) 



Packed up Nancy’s quilting stuff to take to Busy Bees later this month, and put away some piles of laundry that had been stacking up (I think they multiplied when I wasn't looking) so the bedroom is considerably less cluttered, with only one more big pile to sort through!  Things have piled up since I can't muck in the mornings while Tom is still asleep, and during the day the A/C unit on that part of the house is turned off, making it rather unpleasant to be back there.  And of course by evening, when we turn it back on, I am usually somewhat tired and useless!



Yesterday I got caught up with various family and friends.  Andy called me (he was driving to somewhere on the Eastern Shore) to answer some questions I had e-mailed him, Mom returned my earlier call and let me know what she's been up to, and Patti and I chatted up a storm when I popped over there for a much-needed hair cut. 



On my drive to Patti's I took Topeka, and noticed that house behind us (with very funky horse stalls) is now up for sale.  That property has always been an eyesore, though in recent years (since Don passed away) Carrie has worked at cleaning it up.  I assume (hope!!!) that whoever buys it will make improvements since that's what has happened with virtually every other property in the neighborhood that has sold over the 20 years we've lived here. 



At Boot Camp I made it through the first 30 minutes without too much difficulty (it did seem to be an easier session than most) even though I was still a tad sore from Friday's workout.  So next Sunday I will shoot for 45 minutes.  Making progress!



After a quick stop at the bank to deposit a check I got home just as Marcie and Latina were arriving.  She brought over her pix from her trip to Machu Picchu in 2009 (a trip there is on our Bucket List) and took home both quilt labels to launder; removing the stabilizer (necessary for embroidering on the machine) should make it easier for me to sew onto her quilts.



Steve Cordova, who grew up in the house next to Marcie's (and spent a lot of time over here swimming in the pool when our property belonged to the original owners, the Crawfords) has been piping in the irrigation ditch for our neighbor, Tom Ford. (Yes, it was quite a comedy when he and Tom first introduced themselves to each other!)  


(FYI: His wife's name isn't Bobbi.... but it's Billie!)



Steve came over yesterday to look at our property, and will be getting us an estimate, probably later today.  The good news is that John, our immediate up-ditch neighbor with the horrible ditch, has agreed to pipe in his.  So at some point (soon?!) we should be eliminating a lot of the issues and fight to keep the ditch clear.


Last evening I did some binding on the UFO baby quilt, getting it about half done until I just got too warm under it and the light.  Of course I wasn't really interested in the football games (Tom had taped 3 of them during the day so he can zoom through them later in about an hour) so I started listening to Fear (surprised I didn't have nightmares last night!) before I crashed around 9:00.  I was very pleasantly surprised to have slept-in until a little after 6, logging an excellent night's sleep... which I needed!



Now we're waiting for Rod, owner of Island Life Pools, this morning.  He's going to look at our pool and give us a quote for taking care of the chemicals.  We have been so unhappy with our current provider for quite a while, and this guy came highly recommended.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment