Monday, September 10, 2018


Sundown last night ushered Rosh Hashannah. The Jewish New Year, the start of the High Holy Days, is the anniversary of the creation of Adam and Eve For those keeping track, this is year 5,779.  



My favorite part of the service (and I'm guessing this holds for many) 
is the blowing of the shofar.  Following is an article from 2012 on that.



Ran into a little wrinkle with Presley's bib yesterday, which I didn't notice until I was getting ready to start the next letter.  While it's not likely to be noticeable "on a galloping horse at 30 yards" (a pretty forgiving standard!) I'm pretty sure I will end up ripping out the L and redoing it.  Spot my mistake?



So I've put aside that project for the time-being, and instead I combed through my rather sizeable stack of UFOs to see what I could find to finish up in the next couple of days; I've got my next long-arming session with Cindy on Thursday morning.  



First pick was a happy baby quilt (37x37) that just needed two corners on the borders mitered.  That didn't take long!




  The second was another kid-sized top (46x46) that just needed the borders (already strip-pieced) attached.  I got the top and bottom ones done, so only have the two sides to go!  


Despite what I've got going on over the next several days, 
I should be able to find time to attach the remaining two strips.  


My stash supplied the backing fabrics, so no trip to the quilt store was necessary.  With two UFOs already under my belt (Sierra's kitty quilt and Gordon's sports quilt) it looks like I am actually on target to finish up the required four this year to be in the running for the quarters.  This year they're polka-dot fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment