Thursday, September 13, 2018

I got both small quilts finished in just a little over two hours today, and I'm very pleased with how they turned out.  Of course they still need to be bound, but are virtually done!  Hard to see the orange quilting on the chicken quilt, but it reminds me of wire fencing.



This sweet baby quilt will go to the domestic abuse shelter we support.




Not sure where I got the pastel fabric I used for the backing - it's not my usual color choice - but it worked well with this quilt.



Marcie came over to the studio with her finished top, mainly to use Cindy's large cutting table to trim off the excess triangles on the top and bottom. But as long as she was there she picked out a thread color (acid yellow) and a quilting pattern (waffle).  So now that optical illusion quilt has its name!



I had a successful tune-up at the chiropractor, and then stopped at the post office on the way home.  Janie had been interested in the birdhouse fabric I scored yesterday, so I told her I'd give her half.  The fabric folded up and fit nicely into a regular envelope, though it was definitely fatter than a letter.  I thought it might take a couple of stamps - but they wanted to charge $3.50, which I thought was excessive. So Janie will just have to wait until the next meeting to get it.



I did pick up some stamps, which we needed, and at least I didn't have to wait in line.  Could not believe how empty the parking lot was when I pulled in, but was truly stunned and amazed to find NO customers inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment