Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Yesterday after the gym I stopped at the post office to remail Logan’s birthday card and send off a packet to Mom.  Despite a good-sized line things moved along at a surprisingly nice clip, so I was in and out faster than expected.  Here's hoping both arrive at their destinations safely (Mom's includes the sleeve for her giraffe quilt.)  It was weird when Logan's card was returned to me a few weeks later as "unclaimed".



 My next stop, at the pharmacy, was less productive. Despite a couple of faxes to okay the refill, they still hadn't heard back from the doctor - and at my request sent a third one right then.  But now I seem to remember something similar happening before, and think that Lunesta is a 'controlled substance' requiring a paper Rx; I will look into that today. It may mean a run over to the doc's office for that.  (Would have been nice to get notification of that, though!) 



I didn't get a solid night's sleep, dozing through the wee hours (looked at the clock at 2:something and 4:something) so will work at being productive this morning before I fade!



Tom Ford stopped by yesterday to talk about the irrigation project (I really need to walk over and check out his piping) and we caught up on all sorts of things. (Too hot still to be out and about walking, and chatting with neighbors.)



Yesterday I attached Marcie's second label, finished binding the charity baby quilt, and started binding the chicken quilt.  But today it’s back to working on the t-shirt quilt.  The next step, figuring out which blocks need to be trimmed down so all columns line up, is something I have been putting off.



Finally got my fish dinner last night! Of course it was as delicious as expected - and yes, I definitely pigged out.  We don't eat much fried food, so it's always a treat.  Tom had bought a deep-fryer yesterday, so as a bonus there was no splattered oil mess, from a skillet, to clean up in the kitchen.  



This week the new season has started on TV. I'm enjoying the continuation of a favorite, This Is Us, and have also watched the pilots for a couple of new shows, like Manifest and New Amsterdam (with more to come this week.) Time will tell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment