Saturday, September 22, 2018

No surprise I was dragging somewhat yesterday after my late night (might have been worth it if I'd been out doing something fun?) but I did a regular upper-body workout (my shoulders feel a tad achy this morning from that.)  Afterward I did a little cardio.  Though I only logged 5 minutes on the elliptical, I hope to add minutes to that next time (assuming I can get some sleep!) and soon get up to a more respectable number.



I actually did some garage mucking when I got home, and then had a stack of books/magazines to drop at the library and other stuff to drop at the church for their rummage sale.  Once it cools off more (that will happen eventually, right?) I can continue clearing out the garage...which luckily never looked this bad!



Wanda called yesterday afternoon to remind me that she is dropping off her blue Sally quilt at Jessica's in Carefree today.  Since I'll be playing with the VOS retreat ladies at the Flying Pig all day today I won't be able to join her.  (I did get my eggs deviled after dinner yesterday, so I'm good to go.)  I popped over to Wanda's with my small Row-by-Row UFO so she could show Jessica and get a custom-quilting estimate.  I'd like to enter it in the AQG show in March, and we all know that Quilting Makes the Quilt!



Wanda had requested my advice on the set-in triangle border for her current scrappy quilt.  The blocks are from the 100 Tula Pink book using Kaffe Fasset fabrics, but surprisingly it's not as bright as I would have expected from his line of fabrics.  Marcie probably would have been more help, but she was mired in her kitchen after a big grocery shop and couldn't get away.


Wanda had her initial hour-long consultation/examination with my chiropractor yesterday.  I''d been 'nagging' her to give him try for a while now, so I was somewhat relieved to hear that she was most impressed with him.  She's really glad she finally took my advice since she has a number of issues that he is pretty sure he can help her with.  He has a great track record (not just with me but also with all the friends I've sent there) so I'm quite confident that she will be "just" another one of his success stories, with an improved quality of life. 



On my way home from Wanda's I'd planned to stop at a dispensary at 17th & Bell for some (legal) CBD oil to help with my insomnia.  Could not find it (out of business already?) and another one I stumbled across nearby had closed at 2:00.



Last night as I was thinking of crawling into bed to read, Tom made me up some SleepyTime tea, having discovered it at Carlo's and saying it had really given him some good sleep up in Idaho.  I'm not much of a tea drinker (even with the lemon and honey he added) but I drank my cup dutifully.  And despite feeling drowsy, I still ended up awake until 11:30.  I had been doing SO much better with that issue, so no sure why it has reared its ugly head again all of a sudden - and why the Lunesta seems to have stopped working!



Time to eat some breakfast, get dressed, 
and get ready for my day of sewing with the ladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment