Friday, September 14, 2018

Talked to Tami last night, in theory to make plans to rendezvous in Flagstaff on Saturday for Pickin' in the Pines.  We had such a wonderful time last year.  But things are crazy at her end - in addition to her regular job, she's been teaching kindergarten (!) half day, filling in for her cousin who was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer just a few days before school started.  Tami and Alan leave on a long-planned trip overseas in a few days, so she's also scrambling to get lesson plans worked up and materials collected to cover her 2-week absence.  She's sorry to miss the music festival, but needs to catch up on work for both jobs... and maybe think about packing?



I was up early this morning, and since it was reasonably cool it was a good time to cut/iron Steve's t-shirts.  Maybe tomorrow morning I'll start ironing on the stabilizer.  There aren't as many t-shirts to deal with as the last quilt I made, so construction could move along more quickly... I hope!  My goal is to have the top finished by my appointment at the Flying Pig in October.  That way I can get it to Marcela in time for the first anniversary in early December. 




Did a little Torts reading - and feeling quite overwhelmed by all the legalese. 




Now that I've exercised my brain a bit, it's time to head to the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment