Thursday, September 13, 2018

I cooked dinner last night, using a recipe that had come across FB
 and looked easy enough, even for me.  


And it was easy, but as usual  :-(  there were 'complaints'.  No surprise that makes me feel like my efforts are not appreciated, and likely contributes heavily to the reason I dislike cooking so much!  

"you should have used chicken thighs"
(the recipe called for chicken breasts)
"you should have pan seared the chicken first"
(recipe didn't call for that)
"did you use hot salsa? it's too spicy"
(I used medium, but may have misinterpreted the amount of cayenne pepper)

I cooked several times for Alex while he was home. He was very appreciative, so it was much less of a chore!



I was tired yesterday, and had trouble staying awake to watch the PBS show I'd taped for Tom (though it turns out he'd actually wtched it last week at Carlo's.)  



At 8:00 we started watching the one taping last night, but I fell asleep on the couch before 8:30, and Tom sent me to bed.  Guess all that cooking wore me out?



It's probably a good thing I didn't attempt to piece the quilt backings yesterday, but I need to do that this morning - before my 10:00 appointment at The Flying Pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment