Sunday, September 9, 2018

Never did get the lantana hedge trimmed yesterday.  While I did find the heavy-duty extension cord in the shed, apparently it's gone bad.  Alex determined that when he came over to trouble-shoot for me after I assumed it was the hedge-trimmer itself.  (Luckily Mike has one I can borrow today.)  So instead I scraped the prolific grass from the cracks and at the end of the driveway.



Made more progress on Presley's bib yesterday, 
so now just have the last two letters to go.



We were a smaller-than-usual group at the Sewcial yesterday, but still had our usual fun  - and I almost finished binding Marcie's mystery quilt.  



My deviled eggs got polished off, and we all enjoyed Martha's extra-chocolatey brownies.  (I did pay for that indulgence, when I was up until midnight last night.)



Cindy, who has two dachshunds (the girls hang out in the studio with us) had a bottle of wine sitting on the kitchen counter.  I thought it was a custom label, but turns out to be an actual wine company.


Denise won Left-Right-Center last night, 
getting to take home the 15 blue fat quarters.




Despite our still hot weather, something in the conversation came up about winter, at which point I made a comment about being related to Sam McGee.  Guess I should no longer be surprised that people are not familiar with him.... but they are now!



We all got quite a laugh listening to a grandma cracking up 
while reading The Wonkey Donkey to her grandchild.  


Thank you, Cindy, for pulling it up on your phone for us! 



Now we all want a copy of that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment