Sunday, September 16, 2018

Marcela had time in her schedule, before heading to yoga yesterday, for a chat, so we spent about half an hour on the phone catching up.  Hadn't spoken with her since before I left for Colorado in June.  She's doing well,  keeping busy working and doing things with friends.  The deck renovation is finally finished, though (of course) ended up costing way more than expected, so the rest of the renovation upstairs hasn't moved along quite as quickly as planned.  But she is making progress.  I'm hoping it works out for her and Ramona to make it out for another visit one of these days.  We had so much fun last time.



Marcie and I thoroughly enjoyed our relaxing day at Pickin' in the Pines yesterday, despite two extremely close calls on the drive up.  Both times I was driving in the left lane, and in the blind spot of the car in the right lane.  Those drivers thought it would be a good idea (IT WASN'T!) to try to switch to our lane without carefully checking.  Good thing I pay attention to my driving, have good reflexes - and that my horn works!  Naturally it was especially frightening for Marcie, sitting in the passenger seat at the "almost" point of impact.



We had gotten an earlier start than hoped (even though Marcie is not the morning person I am) and we arrived, parked, schlepped our stuff along the path to the amphitheater, bought our tickets, and were seated with one whole minute to spare before the music started.  The weather was glorious (though we were happy to find occasional shade) and the music delightful.  Our favorite group turned out to be a VERY high energy group named Hogslop.  The bass player Pickle, in white on the right with the washboard, was beyond entertaining to watch - though I think it could be exhausting to be around him for very long.



There was a good crowd at the festival (it seems to grow each year, which is good) and I enjoyed seeing some of the t-shirts and colorful outfits people were wearing.  Sitting next to us was a man wearing a Pai shirt, which of course included Havasupai.  Turns out that he works with one of the Yavapai tribes (I didn't realize that there were three separate ones), and we chatted a bit after I told him I'd taught in Supai in the 70s. Later, while waiting for our pesto pizza, I asked another guy if I could take a picture of his t-shirt for my son.  He was fine with that, and said whenever he wears it moms always love it.  Sent it along to Alex, of course!



My cousin Gloria called from Florida with the exciting news that she's (finally!) going to be a grandmother.  Heather (36) and her husband are expecting a baby girl in January.  So I'll be adding a baby quilt to my list, hoping to get it done in time for the baby shower in November.  (This is why I have trouble getting around to projects for me!)  Her other news was that the day before a woman had run a red light and plowed into her.  Amazingly nobody was hurt, but Gloria's car was totaled (and possibly the other car also?) so she's having to shop for a new one.  Could have been much worse!!!

 


I was tired last night and crashed before 10, slept through the night (very unusual) and didn't wake until 6:30.  Can't remember the last time I got such a good night's sleep!



Hoping to be productive today - and make it to Boot Camp.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment