Saturday, September 8, 2018

Alex took me (and Aja) out for dinner at Shabu last night.  It was every bit as good as I remembered, and we all pigged out.  



Since it was my birthday dinner, I decided to order one of their desserts (even full as I was!)  The beignet came drizzled with a decadent fruit glaze, and after the three of us shared (and quickly devoured) the first one Alex decreed that it was so good that we should order another - which we did!



Speaking of pigging out, Tyga ended up in the dog-house yesterday for doing that same thing.  


When Alex & Aja came over in the morning to use the printer, they'd left him at the back house - where he retaliated by finishing up their breakfast burritos which they'd left on the coffee table.  That was the first time he'd pulled a stunt like that, but apparently it was just too tempting.



I have things to do to get ready for today's Sewcial later this afternoon at the Flying Pig (cut three blue fat quarters, devil eggs, etc.) but while it's still somewhat cool out I plan to find an extension cord so I can trim the lantana hedge on the east side of the front yard.



Made progress on Presley's bib, though there's no real rush since even if I do get it done in the next day or so Alex is not likely to have time to deliver it before he flies to Ohio on Tuesday for his next job, a music festival.  After that's over he'll be driving the RV (alone) to Austin for something a week later, a schlep that's likely to take him three days.  Still, he should have time before the event to make a detour to Kerrville.



This weekend I really do need to get serious and work on my Torts reading and lectures!


But first I need to make a run over to the store and pick up a birthday card for Logan since none of the ones I have in my stash seem appropriate for a 14-year-old boy.  Never did get a list of suggestions for him (despite several requests, the first one way back in July, the most recent when I called Lily on her birthday.) And even if she actually sends some ideas now I'm thinking it would be too late to order something with his birthday just a week away.  Luckily cash usually works!

No comments:

Post a Comment