Saturday, September 1, 2018

Everything went well at the gym yesterday, though I was (understandably) a little nervous when I did my warm-up dead lifts.  So instead of 10# weights I used the 5# ones... and happily had no problem.  Then went through an upper body workout.  Barely sore this morning, which is nice.



Perri enjoyed our lunch at the Rogue Tomato (it was her first time there) and says she will definitely return.  She was surprised at the size of her meal, even though I had 'warned' her beforehand that they are quite generous with their portions.  (I was so full from my mahi-mahi tacos that I didn't eat dinner last night until 8:30, and even then just a bowl of cereal.) We gabbed and gabbed; luckily it wasn't crowded, and they didn't need the table. 



Then it was over to Mulqueen's for this year's Row-by-Row pattern. I'd mentioned their eagle from last year (which she hadn't seen) and she ended up buying the kit for that one.  Bumped into Ellen and Gena, who were were there at Sew Day.  Then over to JoAnn's, where Perri had hoped to pick up a rectangular pillow form for a project she'll be working on at today's embroidery class.  They didn't have any, but she did manage <g> to find some other stuff to pick up.  Last stop was The Other Quilt Shop, also for the Row-by-Row, where Sheri had some new giraffe fabric that had to come home with me.



Back at the house it was Show & Tell.  Perri approved of the fabric I picked up this summer, and  admired my nice neat fabric cabinet.  (Thanks again Marcie and Patti for all your help with that!)  I had talked her out of picking up some backing fabric at JoAnn's, having mentioned what happened with cheap fabric in my Ohio Star quilt.  Still, when I actually showed her that quilt she was pretty shocked at the condition of the sashing, which has literally rotted away while all the blocks are just fine.



Irrigation went well, and everything got a good drink.  Alex took care of letting the water go at 7:30, which was nice because sometimes fighting with the main gate is hard on my back.  He had great news regarding his job.  Looks like things finally have all been sorted out and he'll be a full-time employee.  That not only means more money, but accompanying perks like health benefits, 401K, etc.



I did finish the first Torts class yesterday, and later this morning will tackle the second one..  The video camera is obviously on a timer, set for 120 minutes.  It ran through the 10-minute break during the middle of class, but then ended exactly at the 120 mark just as the professor is wrapping up class and says, "One critical thing not intuitively obvious..."




 

No comments:

Post a Comment