Tuesday, September 4, 2018

What better way to celebrate my birthday yesterday than a trip to the quilt store for a 25% off sale?  In theory <g> I was not actually shopping, just showing Marcie the butterfly backing fabric I'd seen on Friday... but guess what?  


I ended up buying the EOB of some scrumptious batik after Marcie snagged some to bind her latest quilt.  (It may be the same fabric I used for the water in my Reach for the Stars auction quilt.)



Next we popped into Safeway for their sale on Olathe corn, where I only grabbed 3 ears for dinner last night.  But at only 10 cents each (I didn't discover the price until I was checking out at the register) I was sorry I hadn't stocked up.   



The main reason we were out and about was to pick up 50# of birdseed at Costco (I'm all out) while Alex is still home to unload it from my car.  We were certainly surprised when we got there and were greeted with a sad sight:  



Thought the days of stores closing on holidays were long gone; 
who'd have thunk?


I didn't catch up on my Torts lectures yesterday (after Andy gave me 'permission' not to study on my birthday) but between numerous Happy Birthday phone calls (with one notable exception I heard from all family, and a slew of friends) I did at least start the baby name bib for Presley. Naturally I hope to have it done in a timely fashion so Alex can deliver it when he pops over to Tyler & Taylor's before he heads out of town again mid-month. He's only seen Presley once, in the hospital the day she was born since he left for work the following day.  



It was a very nice birthday dinner last night after Alex and Aja got back from the lake. (He apologized that his gift won’t be arriving until today.)  The t-bones turns out great (huge as they were, it was a little amazing that he actually managed to totally devour his; I, however, have a sizable chunk for leftovers today) and the honeydew that he had picked up during his shopping spree the other day and contributed to last night's feast was the largest one I’ve ever seen, and sweet.  I definitely pigged out, though Tyga (surprisingly!) was not very interested in Alex's T-bone after dinner.



The ‘famous’ Olathe corn (from Colorado) was also delicious, so I was really disappointed I hadn't bought more than 3 at Safeway yesterday.  Sadly it’s the end of their season, so this may have been the final batch to arrive.  I plan to swing by today for more, and if there are any left I could be eating corn-on-the-cob at every meal for a while!



Not sure what I will be doing at the gym later this morning since my back is still kvetching.  Maybe it’s payback for not exercising all summer?  

No comments:

Post a Comment