Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Mary and I enjoyed a long lunch catching up.  She brought the cute quilt she made from the owl panel I'd gifted her - and gifted it back to me.  I'm going to donate it at Foothills tomorrow, and am sure some kid at the shelter will absolutely love it.  


Turned out to be Kneader’s birthday, so they came around serving scrumptious chocolate cake.  (We chatted so long they came around a second time...   but were good girls and passed on seconds.)



Sadly Jack’s colon cancer, which had been in remission for a year, has resurfaced in his liver and lungs so he’s back on chemo.  Mary says he's taking it in stride - but it's bound to take a toll on both of them.



Afterward I headed to Winco - and later in the afternoon I ended up making a second trip to the grocery store...(don't ask!)



Marcie brought over some stabilizer from her stash for Marcela's t-shirt quilt, which is going to save me a trip to JoAnn's - not to mention some $.  




Tom called this evening.  He was nearing Kingman and wasn't tired, so he has decided to just drive the rest of the way home and wanted to give me a 'heads up'. 


Of course it's likely to be fairly late by the time he arrives, so knowing he's coming home I won't think someone is breaking into the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment