Saturday, September 22, 2018

I am definitely sleep deprived!


This morning it took me 3 trips out the door to actually make it out of the garage.  (I came back in the house one time for my glasses, though at this point I don't remember what the other forgotten item was.)  Then once I got to Cindy's I realized I had also forgotten to grab the deviled eggs from the fridge so I had to drive "all the way back home"  <G>  Good thing it's so close, just on the next block and would easily qualify as being within walking distance IF it wasn't so hot!



Cathy was working on Halloween pillowcases for her grandsons that I felt needed a pop of color, so I made another trip home to grab some from my stash for her to use.  We both agree it was a good idea since her projects came out happier.


She brought the spider fabric and web fabric; mine is the strip with the orange clouds.



I knew all the ladies except this one, and of course we were introduced, but my mind is not working at full capacity so I don't remember her name.  (Sally?)  Her Lion King quilt was adorable!



Around 11:00 I was (finally!) ready to start working - which is when I picked up the quilt of Marcie's I had brought with me and realized it was already bound (it was in the pile because it still needs the label attached) so that was yet another trip back to the house.  LOL!  On the plus side I did get it all bound, though like the other one it does need the label attached.



The old thread Donna brought to bind her quilt kept breaking, so I talked her into trying some of the heavier hand-quilting thread I use - and she liked it.  But she really liked the way my blind-stitching 'looks' (as in you can't see it!) so she tried my method - and is definitely hooked.  Just like I always think of Ellen every time I power cut, I'm guessing Donna will think of me every time she binds a quilt.


Laura was working on binding on a large quilt (Donna and I weren't the only ones who didn't want to schlep a machine) and as long as it was taking her she was almost convinced gremlins were hiding under the table ripping out her stitches... 



It was a fun day, and the ladies had so much fun we plan to make it a regular thing.  Unfortunately Cindy's October Saturdays are already booked, and the only ones available in November and December are right around the holidays when everyone expects to be very busy, so it won't happen again until January 19.




In other news, Tom noticed today that one of our neighbors is having his main irrigation ditch piped in (we had looked into doing that years ago) so we are hoping to jump on that bandwagon.  It would certainly save us a LOT of mowing work and other aggravation.




My birthday card to Logan, with $20 tucked inside, was mailed on September 8 - in plenty of time to arrive by his birthday on the 14th.  But it had never got there, and I was bummed.  Lily said it was "possible it had gotten thrown out with fliers or other junk mail", which really annoyed me.  But she's off the hook since it arrived back here in today's mail, marked "unclaimed".  I have NO idea what that means, but will send it off again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment