Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Driving home from the gym yesterday, I saw that Steve had NOT hauled away all the cement gates and pipes but instead had just piled them outside the gate on 37th Ave.  Not only will bulk trash not pick up large, heavy items like those, but we are likely to get a citation for having put out trash when it's not our time for quarterly pick-up.



Tom got a call yesterday (glad he had reception out in the middle of nowhere) with the time frame for today's chair repair: sometime between noon-2:00 (which means Linda and I will not be getting together for lunch today, as hoped.)   The weather in Flag put a crimp in their grubbing on Monday, so they're going to stay another night.  He said he would be home in time Thursday to monitor irrigation since I really don't want to be on my own the first time the new system runs, "just in case" (!?) there are any problems... especially in the dark.


Bella called yesterday to say she can't come clean Thursday (doc appt.) and wants to come Wednesday, around 11:30, instead.  Guess they'll have to work around the chair repair in the living room.  Hope that guy doesn't track in too much stuff; we got quite a rainstorm yesterday afternoon/evening, starting right around the time I had planned to head out back and grill chicken, so the front porch is quite a soggy mess.  Some parts of the west valley got hail (though we didn't) and there were constant flash flood warnings.



Glenn drained the hot tub (again) yesterday, installed a second new part, refilled the tub, and got it set up.  I did ask what other components there are that could fail, and of course there are many.  Hope I'm forgiven any negativity for wondering what's next to go.  My texts with Shayne yesterday were less than satisfactory ("these things happen") and I guess I need to get a full copy of the warranty policy. 


It did stop raining by bedtime, so I actually DID get in a half-hour soak last night.  And in a bit I'll go out for a morning soak, always a great way to start my day.  Will do my best to relax instead of waiting for the next shoe to drop....


No comments:

Post a Comment