Sunday, November 4, 2018

TV and computers have been having issues, no doubt due to the work COX has been doing in the neighborhood the past several days.  I was unable to blog last evening, but service is back up and running this morning.



After the gym on Friday I popped over to Winco (Tom needed some things for that night's fish fry) and I parked next to this car.  It's well-traveled, and all the decals on the back window are from national and state parks.


At the store entrance there was a display of metal art for sale, which included this flying pig.  Might have picked up one for Cindy, except they were asking $20 for each one.  Did send her a pic in case she "needs" one for her collection.



My tire pressure light had come on, so after my post-workout smoothie (I'd added a spoonful of  oatmeal for energy, at Jim's suggestion, after I mentioned my naps that "surprisingly" only occur on Tuesday or Friday afternoons...) I headed up to Firestone to have that addressed.  But passing the remodeled house for sale up the block I noticed a car out front, which turned out to be the realtor.  I introduced myself as a curious neighbor (as opposed to a potential buyer) but she was still willing to give me a tour of the property.  Interesting floor plan, though I did actually like it.



Touched base with Patti Hong, and we arranged to rendezvous for lunch on Thursday in Casa Grande.  She did share a bit about some of the attendees at our high school's recent 50th (!) anniversary reunion, and I am looking forward to hearing lots more stories when we get together on Thursday. 



Friday night's walleye fish dinner was scrumptious.  Steve was more than impressed, and elected to take the final piece back over to his brother's house to give him a taste of what fish should taste like!)



The hot tub jets don't seem to be working quite right <sigh> so after I check the instructions (though don't think anyone else has been in the tub or messed with the controls) I will make a call on Monday.



Saturday Marcie and I had fun at the AZ Science Center downtown.  Several of my favorite exhibits had been replaced, but the museum is always a work in progress.  She was quite impressed, and thoroughly enjoyed it her first time there.  Of course it was an added bonus that the Culture Pass entitled us to free entry instead of having to pay $18 each.



There was an e-mail yesterday from Kathy that "the axe murderers" were in Payson and would be arriving today after lunch.  I'll have to let Cindy V. know! <g>  



Now I've got to get a batch of spaghetti sauce going in the crock pot for dinner tonight (after I head to the store for a few missing ingredients.)


No comments:

Post a Comment