Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Yesterday I was sore in a number of places, pretty sure <g> a result of Sunday's Boot Camp.  While I'm not any better this morning, I will still be heading to the gym for my usual Tuesday session.



Another thing added to my list today is to schlep a ladder over from the shop to change a hard-to-reach light bulb over the back door.  It's been out for about ten days now, and I asked Tom to do that when it first went out.


In the days since then I have "reminded" him an additional four times (and he always agreed to do it...) but obviously it's not a high priority for him, and I'm tired of 'nagging'.



Alex did help get Netflix "fixed" last evening to show a picture and not just sound - all it took was restarting.  However, we went round and round (as usual) when I tried to get him to define "restart", which means one thing to me (turn it off, turn it on?) and something entirely different to the tech generation.  


But it literally took more than a dozen times of me saying, "I don't understand what you mean by 'restart', please explain" before he actually did - and then only after saying, "I've already told you a million times."


When I think of how patient I was with my kids during their childhood (even my mother was flabbergasted) telling/showing/explaining things to them over and over and over again, it would be nice if they extended the same courtesy to their idiot mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment