Saturday, July 31, 2021

Thursday morning I finally ordered Brownie's portrait from MyPoochFace.  (My gift certificate was a Chanukah gift from Tom back in December, but of course "things happened" before I could take care of it.)  Then there had been a number of snags, but now those have been solved and the order is currently underway.   

Here's the photo they will be working off of, taken last summer at the Apple Pool.  I love his one-ear-up-one-ear-down pose! 


Then I'd gathered my courage and called COX to (re)fix the remote.  Happily Steve accomplished that faster than the guy earlier in the week.  It had been annoying needing to use two different remotes.


I turned Creepy on and got his flap working, but he soon quit.  When I checked, the leaf basket was crammed full, and Tom had a helluva time first getting it open to empty it (as did the pool guy on Friday), and then getting it closed afterward.   There's a reason I didn't even try...


Before PT I played catch in the pool with Tom and Alex, who had serious complaints about my poor throwing "ability".  Obviously I throw like a girl. <g>


Naturally Ryan was very pleased to see me walking again (though not as pleased as I am!!!)  However in view of what happened last time he decided not to add anything to my regimen Thursday.  Instead he wants to wait and see how I'm still doing on Monday, and then slowly add things.

 

I wanted to replant the huge aloe I pulled out of one pot the other day, but hadn't realized I'm out of dirt. [later found a partial bag] So I made a stop at SummerWinds after PT to pick up some, along with some flowers for my shelf outside the kitchen window now that I'm mobile and able to go in and out and water them!



I picked up some begonias (?) and now that they're planted I have a brighter view outside the kitchen window.  I had gotten tired of looking at the bare dirt in those pots!




Friday morning I'd swept the front and back porches to cut down on the dirt that would get tracked in since the cleaners were coming.  So after yesterday morning the floors were again clean (and also the pool) which (like washing your car?) was what it took to make it rain last night.  I woke at midnight to heavy rain, and while I'm not sure how long it lasted, we will take whatever we can get!



We did receive some (potentially!) excellent news from irrigation yesterday.

IRRIGATION PUMP REPAIR UPDATE: Monday morning a test will be done to make sure the pump is running good again.  If all is well the plan is to begin irrigating Aug. 4th, Westside, and irrigating Aug. 9th, Eastside.  The schedule for the 4th will be posted Monday night and for the 9th, Saturday night.

So "if all is well" (HERE'S HOPING!)

as part of the western run our trees would be getting water the week of August 9th.



Carol had invited Brownie (and me) over yesterday afternoon, which was a nice visit for all of us.  Her recovery had also been moving more slowly than she would like, but at our ages <sigh> we just don't bounce back like we used to!


After dinner Tom and I got a surprise visit from Shelley and her nephew Justin, who is visiting from Maryland.  He's in college getting a degree in geology, and she brought him over to pick Tom's brain.  Shelley really liked our 'new' kitchen, which she hadn't seen.  Then, while the guys chatted, she and I looked at some of my quilts.  

She's getting back in doing stained glass, and I look forward to seeing some of her creations.


By the end of yesterday my foot was really kvetching.


Happily this morning it seems to be back to where it had been the past several days.  I guess I was on it a bit more yesterday, doing all the sweeping, but have nothing like that on tap for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment