Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Yesterday morning Van (easily) installed the leaf basket, so now the pump is back on and the pool can work at getting clean,  However with the current monsoon weather (at least with wind, if not any actual rain) it's sort of a losing battle! 


PT went reasonably well yesterday.  Tom is as much discouraged by my recent set-back - and wanted me to ask about a date for walking again.  

Again, I'm hoping by my birthday!!! 


The exterminator was here yesterday, when incredibly (!) he left the back gate standing wide open while he was spraying the yard.  Luckily neither Pokey nor Brownie escaped, but who does that?!  I sure do miss Ken, who was our tech for years.


I'll be turning in the cat/pinwheel charity quilt at Foothills tomorrow and wanted Sherri to see how the border fabric I'd bought on Friday coordinated perfectly (even though I didn't have the top with me when I shopped.)  She really liked how adorable it is, and would love to order the fun focus fabric... IF we knew what it was.  Sadly the piece that made it into the charity pile did not contain the selvedge. 


Yesterday was when I learned she has four cats.


A new Sprouts will be opening in "her" shopping center (Thunderbird & 43rd) on July 21, and a Habit Burger is also under construction there.  Like me she'd never heard of them, but wanted to try one.  So for lunch one day she ordered a burger to be delivered (from over by Arrowhead Mall), and reports that "even cold it was delicious."


Didn't quite make it to 4:00 this morning (3:58 is close, though) and once it gets light I'll head to the pool and see if I can help Creepy with the spots he missed. 

Then once Tom wakes up (in theory before I head to the gym today) I'll give the carpets a quick once-over with the vacuum in preparation for the carpet cleaners arrival this afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting rid of the mud splotch Brownie left a while back, though with the monsoon on tap there might end up being new ones...  

I scheduled it because of their July sale -

 

and also thought it would be convenient to have it done while Tom was in Oregon.  


Who thought he'd end up being gone less than a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment