Saturday, July 10, 2021

 On my way home from the chiropractor yesterday I stopped in at TOQS for Bag Day and picked up my new year label. 

 Will it get sewn on today?


I also found some great fabric to border the pinwheel/kitty quilt. 

 I actually got around to that last seam yesterday, so as you can see the top is now ready for that step.  And after pressing the EOB batik (which was very wrinkled) this morning, I've even cut the border strips.


 My next errand yesterday was the pool store, where at least the replacement basket was only $11.   Then I stopped across the street from there to check out a "new" (to me) grocery store - but have to say that since I was not at all impressed with Smart & Final my first shopping trip there will be my last.


Joy came over for a visit in the afternoon, and we spent an enjoyable couple of hours chatting.  

She'd hiked down to Supai three times over the years (possibly during the time I was living down there) and wanted to hear all about my time down there. 


After she left I went out to the pool, but still couldn't manage to open the canister to 'install' the new basket (even after Van had demonstrated how he does it, with one knee holding it down.)  


Still I don't feel too badly

because the last time, when Tom tried, he didn't have enough strength to do it either. 


I've turned off the pump (obviously we do NOT want leaves getting into the guts of the pump and causing serious issues!) until Van can do that first thing Monday morning.  The pool was nice and clean again after he was here yesterday, but not any more.


Today  was another 4:00 morning, so I guess I'd better get stuff done early in the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment