Saturday, July 10, 2021

I wanted to take a photo of Brownie sunbathing mid-afternoon, inches from available shade, during the heat of the day.  Looks like we hit the predicted high of 111.


 But even though Brownie seemed to be napping, as soon I got into position to snap the photo from inside he 'woke' up.



I stayed inside where it was cool, and did get the borders attached to the charity quilt.


Lately I have had a lot of  "regular" birds visiting the hummingbird feeders.  One of today's visitors was a pretty yellow one.  Bullock's oriole?  There wasn't time to get the camera, and my birding ID skills are rather weak.



I grilled salmon for dinner, and while it cooked I did some cooking of myself as I filled the pool, watered plants, and hosed down the porch.  (It hadn't cooled off any, so I came in almost as wet as if I'd turned the hose on myself.)  Wind came up soon after, and there was a dust storm alert (so much for the clean porch?) but so far no rain appeared as a reward.


Tom called from Tonopah tonight.  Since it was too hot to pull over and sleep he planned to keep driving, and could make it home during the night.  I assume Brownie will alert me to his arrival.


No comments:

Post a Comment