Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Yesterday after PT (where pain kept me from doing a couple of the exercises) I thought I'd reward myself (for all the exercises I did do) with ice cream, and stopped at Dairy Queen.  

They weren't open yet (it was 10:55), so I just waited outside (in the humid heat) because the sign listed their hours as starting at 11.

(Pet Peeve: Businesses that DON'T list their hours, so you don't know whether to wait around or leave!)

I could see that it was dark inside, and with no sign of anyone. 

So when the time came (and went) I left also. 


I didn't really need ice cream, right?


It was already light when I woke this morning, 5:30ish, and I was relieved to see Creepy was moving around.  Though I planned to see about emptying the leaf basket after coffee (assuming I can get it open) LOUD thunder started - and then we got actual rain around 6:00!  

I did think to look at my watch, so I know that today's rain only lasted five minutes - at least so far.  

But since the thunder is still rumbling quite noisily

that means that the potential for more precipitation is there. 


Shot Sue an e-mail yesterday, hoping for good news regarding completion of the irrigation pump repair, and this was her response:  

Still working on it. Looking to irrigate a full cycle starting the 27th.


I wasn't terribly productive yesterday (and never did shop for new shoes) but at least I made strips to widen the backing.  Since I don't have to be at the dentist (for a new crown) until noon that's on this morning's agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment