Monday, July 26, 2021

I got into the pool yesterday morning to see if I could wake up Creepy.  From the layer of dirt in the pool, without any clean swaths, it was clear that he hadn't run during the night.  I got the flapper working (no idea why it isn't happy) and then helped him navigate, was about ready to get out anyway when the rain started and chased me out.  It sure came down hard for a bit, but there are NO complaints about that, especially since it quit before I had to 'hike' to the gym from the parking lot.



After the gym (where I only skipped one machine) it was raining again, but not too hard, for my walk to the car.  Spent the afternoon watching some of the taped Olympics, worked a little on the puzzle, and finished reading West With Giraffes.  Mom would have loved it!




This morning I swept the front porch (could almost have shoveled the dirt left from the recent heavy rain that flooded it) and watered the plants.  It is unpleasantly humid, so it felt great to get into the pool afterward to cool off.  



Creepy still isn't happy, though I managed to get his flapper going and then spent considerable time walking him around the shallow end of the pool.  But whenever he ventured into the deep, where a few leaves were waiting to ambush him, he needed some TLC from me to get going again.  


This is extremely frustrating since we recently supplied him with (pricey) new parts that should have made him ecstatic.    


Why the flapper won't flap (and move him around) without 'priming' from me is a mystery.




In a bit I'm off to PT, and after that plan to swing by the DMV 
to see about getting a handicapped placard.  



No comments:

Post a Comment