Saturday, July 3, 2021

 Veronica and Hunter spent four hours yesterday cleaning the house!  That was due, in large part, to all the dust - though 'to be fair' I had warned the folks at the office each time I spoke with them when setting things up. 

 

Within an hour of their departure Brownie had already tracked in some stuff by the dog door, and left his cute little pawprints on the tile - but otherwise <g> the house looks absolutely delightful.

Perri and Wanda are going to a "thing" downtown this afternoon and they had invited me to join them.   

One of my friends, Susan, has a one woman show at the Iowa gallery on Roosevelt.  She makes  incredible vessels and she will be there Saturday 1 to 5. I know you would like it.

Of course it sounded wonderful, and certainly 'doesn't hurt' <G> that they're also going to do lunch first. But even before I had my relapse Thursday afternoon I was pretty sure walking that much on crutches was not do-able, and declined.  ☹  Good thing, because I still cannot bear weight on it today. <sigh> But at least otherwise the pain has subsided.


Mary called yesterday to see about coming over for a visit this morning, which will be lovely.  (Haven't seen her in a while because she's been busy with family visiting.)  And since she's dog-sitting, Brownie will also get to enjoy some company. 

 

Also I can get Mary's input on a couple of charity quilts I've started.  After making up kits on Wednesday I brought home three to do myself, and (naturally) instead of working on some of my own projects I just had to dive right in to a couple of those!



These are 8" unfinished blocks. (I was smart and made the pinwheels first!) Since I had enough of the focus fabric to cut another ten blocks it could end up to be a nice-sized quilt, or two smaller ones.  


I used Jenny Doan's method to make the HSTs for the pinwheels (which is easy) 
but then had more trouble than I should have <g> assembling them.  


Eventually I did get an assembly line working fairly well, 
and I'm hoping the remaining pinwheels come together easily.


Here's the start of another one.  LOVE the 'bleeding' colors on the focus fabric!



No comments:

Post a Comment