Thursday, July 15, 2021

 I wasn't the first to arrive at quilting yesterday (which was my aim so I could snag a primo parking spot) but the parking spot closest to the door had been left unoccupied.  Which came in especially handy, because I left my ice water in the car and had to go back out for it.  (Also nice that it wasn't raining, though it sure was steamy out).


During the meeting I worked on binding the Chain Link quilt, but during the program (Christmas in July, when a number of the ladies shared their ideas for quick & easy gift projects) I set it aside and took pix.  Here are just some of their ideas.

Karen's double-handed pot holder looks like fun - and something we could use.


I found her knitted hand duster intriguing,  
and rumor has it that it "works great" on blinds.






Pauletta's bird ornaments are cute.




Dee's project bags definitely would be appreciated gifts.





Barb's gift card holder solves the problem of how to wrap them - 
as well as providing a handy way to carry them around in your purse.



Ruth took jellyroll strips, braided them -


and then rolled them to create coasters or mug rugs.


I'm thinking that if I braided/rolled longer strips it would make a nice hot pad for the table.





Here are a few goodies from yesterday's Show & Tell.

This photo does not do Jo's quilt justice; her fabrics were beautifully rich.


She added a little extra interest on the back (and notice the binding from the scraps.)


 
Ruth had a great turtle story to go along with her lovely quilt.
(Hard to see here, but the border fabric is batik turtles.)



And as long as I had the Chain Link quilt with me to work on, I shared it again. It's twice that size, but 'somehow" my apprentice photographer <g> missed half the quilt.


The ladies liked my kitty charity top.
I'm looking forward to seeing how someone quilts it.



Driving to PT Monday, in order to avoid a car heading towards me that was using more than its allotted half of Westcott, I pulled right and hugged the edge of the street - which was when I whacked a trash can with the side mirror.  It made quite a bang, though at the time I thought the only thing that happened was it folded the mirror in.  At the stop sign I simply unfolded it and continued on my merry way.



  But yesterday I discovered that not only doesn't the mirror adjusting button work, but neither does the window on that side.  I'm 'guessing' that fixing those will not be cheap...



While working more on the binding last evening I watched the first half of basketball game with Tom. When I got tired of sewing I also quit watching the game, moving into another room (where my laptop was charging) to continue working on the morning's photos from Foothills.  



The first half had been close, but without me 'cheering them on' <g> during the second half the Suns ended up losing, evening up the series 2-2.


.

A couple of days ago I got a call that the part to fix my glasses had come in, so when I head to PT this afternoon I'll drop them off for repair.  It's been difficult to read using my old pair; obviously my eyes (and the necessary corrections) have changed since then.



No more rain yesterday, though we're all hoping for more.  With no irrigation until at least August (an update from Sue yesterday is that they HOPE the pump will be repaired by the end of this month) everything is very, very thirsty! 



No comments:

Post a Comment