Tuesday, July 27, 2021

You know how you wash your car when you're trying to make it rain?  My thought was that dealing with the usual nightmare of the DMV, for a handicapped placard, might negate any need for one - but would most certainly make the hassle worth it.  Who knew that when I walked in there after PT yesterday, around 3:30, I wouldn't have to wait?!  I now have a 'temporary' temporary placard; the real one will be mailed to me.


But since it wasn't a hassle, maybe my 'plan' won't work...?



This morning I got the answer... IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!


Because all morning I have been walking (admittedly gingerly) 
around the house WITHOUT A CRUTCH!!!


And you can bet I WON'T overdo anything at the gym or PT this time!



In other good news, this morning I finished making the rest of the pinwheels and then attached both strips to the panel.  Next step will be to add another narrow dark green border before I decide what's next.




Now for the bad news, from Irrigation, which arrived yesterday.

 The pump is still currently down. Please be assured we are doing our best to get all repairs taken care of ASAP.  We will not be irrigating a full cycle on the 27th. When the pump is running again, we will run a west side cycle instead of a full cycle. Hopefully, beginning Aug. 8th (westside only)

Since we are part of the east side run, that means the earliest we can expect water is the week of August 15.  While the recent rain was nice (it made the grass and weeds happy) it wasn't enough for the trees.  So with the heat back in full force we will definitely need to water, meaning that along with the hefty electric bill we can also expect a serious water bill from the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment