Sunday, August 1, 2021

 I enjoyed another lovely visit with Linda yesterday.  She had warned me that Kingsley, now 8 months, has become afraid of strangers; the last couple of people who visited had "caused" Kingsley to cry incessantly. However it seemed that Kingsley seemed to recognize me, because not only didn't she cry at all during my visit, but at one point she crawled over to me - and then she didn't even object when I removed my purse, which has no closure, from her clutches before she could rifle through the contents.

Linda served another lovely lunch (and dessert!)  

She sure spoils me when I go over!


While Linda was feeding Kingsley, Rick turned me on to GeoGuessR, which the two of them have been playing on the computer.  (When I got home I did load it onto my laptop, though the freebie version is only going to allow me to play one game per day.)


After my visit, "as long as I was in the neighborhood" I stopped in at Arizona Quilts.  (My last couple of visits with Linda had been on Sundays, when the store is closed.)  Anyone surprised that I found a couple of goodies to come home with me?


This was on the 50% off sale shelf, and I bought the EOB, which came to just over two yards.  It could work for the backing on a small baby quilt.  


And really, how could I resist this penguin focus fabric?  

(All focus fabric was on sale, for 15% off.)


Once home I watched some Olympics, and was absolutely stunned at two of the MISSES during the women's springboard diving!  

Thirty minutes after her failed final dive, Pamela Ware was still in shock.  Coming off a solid performance in the preliminary round the day before, Ware's mistake in the fifth round of the three-metre springboard semifinal cost her a spot in the final, which looked all but guaranteed after four rounds. The Greenfield Park, Que., athlete completely missed her approach while attempting a high-difficulty dive, forcing her to simply drop feet first into the water.


I also worked on the puzzle, where I made a fair amount progress.  Not sure when Alex is leaving for California (today? tomorrow?) but he should notice a lot of progress when he returns!


By last evening my foot was again kvetching loudly.  It's not like I'm doing that much walking around the house, but obviously it's enough to make my foot quite cranky by the end of each day.  So it seems that my total recovery is going to take some time! 


 Still have some time this morning before I need to head to the gym so I'm thinking about getting into the pool and having a chat with Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment